[News] [Rival] Unites States Government Should Bar Apple Support (for Improper Behaviour)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Unites States Government Should Bar Apple Support (for Improper Behaviour)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:25:48 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

It's time to end government-funded iPhone apps (and curb Apple's control-freak tendencies)

,----[ Quote ]
| Now we've got Apple's Developer License
| Agreement with terms so controlling that
| developers must seek prior approval from
| Apple before even commenting on the license
| itself. We only know this because the
| Electronic Frontier Foundation snared a
| copy from NASA via a Freedom of Information
| Act request (view PDF on the EFF site.
| Apparently, federal law still trumps
| Apple's corporate attempts at secrecy. At
| least for now.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15724/its_time_to_end_government_funded_iphone_apps

Obamaâs $79 Billion Tech Plan May Favor Web Programs (Update1)

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, Google and Amazon.com Inc. are
| all offering more databases and programs
| online, allowing customers to curb storage
| costs. Sharing software and data that way
| would shrink U.S. storage needs, helping to
| cut expenses after previous governments
| spent more than $500 billion on data
| centers and other technology initiatives in
| the past decade, Kundra said.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-11/obama-s-79-billion-tech-plan-may-favor-web-programs-update1-.html

Will Steve Ballmer's Microsoft & Obama's Administration Share A Cloud?

http://inventorspot.com/articles/will_steve_ballmers_microsoft_obamas_administration_share_cloud_38584

Recent:

Obama Reiterates Support For Finishing ACTA

,----[ Quote ]
| President Obama Thursday reiterated his
| administration's commitment to enacting the
| Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement, aimed
| at curbing global piracy, despite a vote by
| the European Parliament this week calling
| for greater transparency in the deal's
| negotiations.
`----

http://techdailydose.nationaljournal.com/2010/03/obama-reiterates-support-for-f.php