[News] Becrypt Explains Why It Chose GNU/Linux for Its Product

  • Subject: [News] Becrypt Explains Why It Chose GNU/Linux for Its Product
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:01:11 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Becrypt avoids security resellers for Trusted Client

,----[ Quote ]
| When questioned about Becrypt's decision to
| choose Ubuntu, Jones said the popular Linux
| distribution worked well with a diverse range
| of hardware.
|
| "One reason we chose Ubuntu is because it is a
| very powerful OS and is very up to date - it
| has got lots and lots of drivers," he said.
|
| Administrators can assign a portion of the
| Trusted Client USB stick to store documents or
| applications. Alternatively, if internet
| connectivity is guaranteed, everything can be
| stored in the cloud.
`----

http://www.crn.com.au/News/169783,becrypt-avoids-security-resellers-for-trusted-client.aspx

Recent:

Cloud Storage Options Multiply

,----[ Quote ]
| Offered through resellers and systems integrators, Axcient is offering a
| family of appliances with a range of storage capacities that automatically
| connect to an off-site data center run by the company. The package includes a
| Linux-based operating system written by Axcient that's designed to make it
| easy to add new services and features, as well as provide centralized
| management, he says.
`----

http://www.byteandswitch.com/document.asp?doc_id=174149&f_src=byteandswitch_gnews

Datto launches Box 2 Box P2P NAS device