[News] Linux Desktop Summit 2011 Planned, Texas Has Several Linux Events

  • Subject: [News] Linux Desktop Summit 2011 Planned, Texas Has Several Linux Events
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:04:15 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Desktop Summit 2011 - Call for Hosts

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE and GNOME communities are looking
| for a host for the Desktop Summit 2011, the
| combined annual conference featuring KDE's
| Akademy and GNOME's GUADEC events.
| Following up on the successful Gran Canaria
| Desktop Summit, the second edition of the
| combined event in 2011 will be the premier
| place to learn about, discuss, and work on
| free software on the desktop.
|
| The goal of the desktop summit will be to
| present and discuss the state of the art of
| free software for end users, do community
| building, enable cross-community
| collaboration, and enable partners from
| industry and other communities as well as
| individuals to get informed and involved.
`----

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/03/16/desktop-summit-2011-call-hosts

In the Hearts of the South - Two great conferences

,----[ Quote ]
| Austin, Texas! Home to live music, great
| food, a world-class University (U of T) and
| the longhorns!) and IBM's Linux Technology
| Center is a great place to have a Linux
| Fest, and that is what is happening on
| April 10th, 2010.
|
| For just one day the Linux Faithful are
| going to descend on Austin with a packed
| program that ranges from beginner subjects
| to those that would teach the experts in
| FOSS. After forty years in computer science
| (and most of those years using what most
| people would call today âOpen Sourceâ), I
| still find it is impossible to keep up with
| every aspect of it, so you will probably
| see me slip into a few of these talks to
| both learn what is going on and to talk
| face to face with some of the developers
| and people advocating their software's use.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Paw-Prints-Writings-of-the-maddog/In-the-Hearts-of-the-South-Two-great-conferences

Recent:

Texas Linux Fest announces 2010 program

,----[ Quote ]
| Texas Linux Fest has announced the initial
| list of speakers and presentations for its
| inaugural event. Keynote speakers include Joe
| "Zonker" Brockmeier and Randal L. Schwartz,
| with additional presentations by Linux, free
| software, and open source experts such as Jon
| "maddog" Hall, Amber Graner, Bradley Kuhn, and
| Max Spevack.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/377957/

Austin Texas - Linux Against Poverty 2010

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2010/03/austin-texas-linux-against-poverty-2010.html