[News] Lists of Finance/Accounting Applications for GNU/Linux, Note-taking Applications, and More

  • Subject: [News] Lists of Finance/Accounting Applications for GNU/Linux, Note-taking Applications, and More
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:12:02 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

7 (More) Free and Open Source Finance/Accounting Software for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Since our collection of Free and Open
| Source finance/accounting software for
| Linux has been quite popular, I would like
| to add 7 more to that list. As I've said
| before, finance or accounting software will
| prove valuable for those who have small or
| medium-sized business as it will allow
| users to do important tasks like recording
| and processing accounting transactions
| within functional modules such as accounts
| receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and
| trial balance.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2010/03/7-more-free-and-open-source.html

Notable Note Apps for Fastidious FOSS Freaks

,----[ Quote ]
| At their heart, note-taking apps perform a
| very simple function: put letters on the
| screen. They differ widely, though, in the
| special features each offers.
`----

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Notable-Note-Apps-for-Fastidious-FOSS-Freaks-69558.html?wlc=1268869818

Exaile music player is released! Equalizer and new plugins added

,----[ Quote ]
| Exaile music player is released, the n ew
| release come with many new features and
| many bugs fixed, now in the new version is
| including a completely revamped and much
| more powerful tag editor, an equalizer,
| Collection panel should now be faster ,
| better support for non-standard filename
| encodings,  standalone lyrics pane plugin,
| Plugins for DAAP music sharing support,
| better display of compilation albums.
`----

http://www.unixmen.com/news-today/894-exaile-media-player-is-released-equalizer-and-new-plugins-added

Shotwell 0.5.0 photo manager arrives

,----[ Quote ]
| The Yorba developers have released version
| 0.5.0 of their open source Shotwell photo
| manager for the GNOME desktop. In addition
| to the usual stability and performance
| improvements, this major update to the free
| digital photo organiser includes a number
| of changes and new features.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Shotwell-0-5-0-photo-manager-arrives-954656.html

FEATURE: Intel talks app stores