[News] Servers Space Filled with More Free Software Influences, GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Servers Space Filled with More Free Software Influences, GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:13:40 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Rackspace Launches Media Services Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| This Enterprise-level solution will provide
| an open source, direct-to-consumer (D2C)
| web infrastructure for music recording
| labels and other media segments that need
| to accelerate content delivery online,
| scale rapidly to respond to fan demand, and
| create new revenue streams.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rackspace-launches-media-services-solution-2010-03-16?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Weekly Poll: What Companies Will Be at the Top of the Cloud in the Next 5 Years

,----[ Quote ]
| This past week, we had 93 people respond to
| the question:
| 'Is There A Place For Open-Source in the
| Data Center?" The respondents were pretty
| much in full support of the open approach.
| Of the 93 people who responded, 83 said,
| yes, there is a place for open-source. But
| we wonder what it will take to get such a
| movement to a pace of note. We do have
| faith in the open-source way but how will
| this effort transfer to the data center?
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/cloud/2010/03/weekly-poll-name-the-company-t.php

Seeding the Cloud with Open Source, Standing Cloud Makes It Easy

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/58663

`----