[News] Mozilla Firefox 3.7 Seen as Near, 3.0 Retired

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Firefox 3.7 Seen as Near, 3.0 Retired
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:18:57 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Internet Explorer 9 vs Firefox 3.7 : Open beats Closed

,----[ Quote ]
| Currently Mozilla has a Firefox 3.7
| developer preview available, testing all
| kinds of new features including out-of-
| process plugins (something that IE 9 isn't
| currently testing). It's a real browser
| with back button, tabs and address bar and
| it resembles the real world modern browser.
| It enables developers to actually see how
| the browser will work and doesn't try to
| hide its flaws by limiting critical
| functions.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/03/internet-explorer-9-vs-firefox.html

Firefox 3.0 approaches end-of-life

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox Logo Mozilla has confirmed that
| version 3.0 of its popular open source
| Firefox web browser is approaching its end-
| of-life (EOL).
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Firefox-3-0-approaches-end-of-life-956587.html

Firefox, Gecko, HTML5 and more: An (Email) Interview with Mozillaâs Asa Dotzler

,----[ Quote ]
| If it were not for Mozilla and its numerous
| open source projects that saved us from the
| IE Dark Ages, the browser market today
| would definitely be very different. In
| 2010, the Firefox browser is facing some
| pretty tough competition from the likes of
| Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 8 (v9 is
| actually good), Safari and Opera, all
| modern and feature-packed web browsers.
| With Windowsâ new ballot screen, things
| might become even more interesting.
|
| The Web Browser is evolving at a mind-
| bogglingly rapid pace, and the changes it
| went through in 2009 only are incredible.
| That is why I was really happy for a chance
| to talk to Asa Dotzler, community
| coordinator for Firefox marketing projects,
| who has been with Mozilla for 12 years.
| This is my first interview and I hope
| youâll enjoy reading Mr Dotzlerâs answers
| as much as I did. We cover Firefox, Mozilla
| and the new Web. Donât forget to check out
| Asaâs blog for even more on the topic.
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2010/03/17/firefox-gecko-html5-and-more-an-email-interview-with-mozillas-asa-dotzler/

Recent:

First Look: Firefox 3.7âs New Design

,----[ Quote ]
| It hasnât even been a month since Firefox 3.5 was released to the masses, but
| Mozilla is already hard at work on FirefoxFirefoxFirefox 3.7. We gave you a
| sneak peek at what features are coming in 2010, but now we know what Firefox
| 3.7 may look like when itâs released.
`----

http://mashable.com/2009/07/20/firefox-37-screenshot/

Firefox 3.7 to feel need for speed with multicore boost

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/06/firefox_3_7_speed/