[News] Nice New Benchmarks of Python on Linux/UNIX Servers

  • Subject: [News] Nice New Benchmarks of Python on Linux/UNIX Servers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:43:26 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Benchmark of Python Web Servers

,----[ Quote ]
| The above results show that as a Python web
| developer we have lots of different methods to
| deploy our applications. Some of these seem to
| perform better than others but by focussing
| only on server performance I will not justify
| most of the tested servers as they differ
| greatly in functionality. Also, if you are
| going to take some stock web framework and
| wonât do any optimizations or caching the
| performance of your webserver is not going to
| matter as this will not be the bottleneck. If
| there is one thing which made this benchmark
| clear is that most Python Web servers offer
| great performance and if you feel things are
| slow the first thing to look at is really your
| own application.
`----

http://nichol.as/benchmark-of-python-web-servers

Recent:

New Python shell is a DreamPie

,----[ Quote ]
| DreamPie, a new interactive shell for Python
| developers, has been released with support
| for Python 2.5, 2.6 and 3.1, Jython 2.5 and
| IronPython 2.6. DreamPie is described as a
| "new concept for an interactive shell", with
| the display divided into a history box for
| commands and a code box for "in work" Python
| code. The shell provides automatic completion
| of attributes, displays function arguments
| and documentation, can save session history
| as a HTML file and allows for interactive
| plotting with matpotlib.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/New-Python-shell-is-a-DreamPie-936630.html

Last of Python 2.x language line moves forward

,----[ Quote ]
| Python 2.7, expected to be the last major
| version of the 2.x series of the dynamic
| language, was released as a second alpha
| earlier month by the Python Software
| Foundation, with the final release set for
| June.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2010/011510-last-of-python-2x-language.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Writing great scripts with Python