[News] New Ubuntu GNU/Linu Adds Many Features, Derivative Greenie in Review

  • Subject: [News] New Ubuntu GNU/Linu Adds Many Features, Derivative Greenie in Review
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 03:48:06 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu prerelease testing made easy with TestDrive

,----[ Quote ]
| Canonical's Jorge Castro recently introduced
| me to a nifty tool called TestDrive that
| simplifies the setup process by automatically
| downloading the ISO and configuring a VM.
| TestDrive provides a simple command-line tool
| that allows you to select which ISO image you
| want to test. It will download the image and
| then configure and launch a VM. The real win
| is that it caches the ISO images and uses
| rsync to update the parts that have changed
| so that you don't have to download the whole
| ISO again every time you want to test a new
| daily build.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/03/ubuntu-prerelease-testing-made-easy-with-testdrive.ars

Ubuntu 10.04 Reads File Sizes Differently

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/ubuntu-1004-reads-file-sizes.html

BitNami adds Ubuntu to the Stacks

,----[ Quote ]
| Want to run WordPress, Drupal, or whip up a
| DJango instance on Ubuntu without all the
| hassle of configuring an operating system and
| support stack? Now you can. BitNami has added
| the most recent release of Ubuntu to its
| virtual appliance stacks.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/bitnami-adds-ubuntu-to-the-stacks

Greenie Linux: A distribution for ALL users

,----[ Quote ]
| PeterB was right. Greenie Linux is one
| outstanding distribution. All you have to do
| is get beyond the language barrier (by simply
| installing the distro) and you will find a
| flavor of Linux that has something for just
| about everyone. Give this distribution a try.
| You wonât be disappointed.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/03/18/greenie-linux-a-distribution-for-all-users/

Recent:

Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) daily build for March 15, 2010 runs with nomodeset on Intel 830m video!!!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://insidesocal.com/click/2010/03/ubuntu-lucid-1004-daily-build.html