[News] Ubuntu 10.04 Has Promising New Features

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu 10.04 Has Promising New Features
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:40:06 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu Lucid Lynx: Ubuntu's Most Innovative

,----[ Quote ]
| Early in Lucid's development cycle, the Ubuntu
| Development Summit announced that The GIMP would
| be dropped from the default selection of
| software installed. Since The GIMP is widely
| considered an example of excellence in free
| software, the announcement created some
| controversy, but the decision was in keeping
| with Ubuntu's general priorities. Not only does
| The GIMP take up considerable space on a CD,
| but, more importantly, its features far exceed
| what beginning users could need.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3871481/Ubuntu-Lucid-Lynx-Ubuntus-Most-Innovative.htm

Ubuntu One Music Store: Tops or Flop?

,----[ Quote ]
| Music seems to be a viable income stream also
| under Linux. After Amarok and Rhythmbox have
| earned at least a few hundred bucks with
| Magnatune, Ubuntu is now breaking into the
| market as well.
`----

http://www.ubuntu-user.com/Online/News/Ubuntu-One-Music-Store-Tops-or-Flop

Recent:

Ubuntu 10.04: Waiting for the Lucid Lynx

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://millionchimpanzees.blogspot.com/2010/03/ubuntu-1004-waiting-for-lucid-lynx.html