[News] Funny Article Compares "Ubuntu" to "Linux"

  • Subject: [News] Funny Article Compares "Ubuntu" to "Linux"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:54:56 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Difference Between Ubuntu and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux systems can be installed in various
| computer hardware, such as smartphones,
| laptops, PDA, and so forth. The use of Linux
| is very prevalent in servers. It is even
| reported that in 2008, at least 60 percent of
| web servers worldwide was run on Linux
| operating systems.
`----

http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-ubuntu-and-linux/

Testing The Power Management Of Ubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| We tested out this new package with a
| notebook and netbook to see how it changes
| the power game for Ubuntu 10.04 along with
| whether it's much of an improvement over the
| current Ubuntu 9.10 release.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_lucid_pmutils&num=1

Canonical COO:

Tim O'Reilly: 'Whole Web' is the OS of the future

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10469399-16.html