[News] More Free Software Releases Come Out of Google

  • Subject: [News] More Free Software Releases Come Out of Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:18:15 +0000
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Introducing the ANGLE Project

,----[ Quote ]
| We're happy to announce a new open source
| project called Almost Native Graphics Layer
| Engine, or ANGLE for short. The goal of ANGLE is
| to layer WebGL's subset of the OpenGL ES 2.0 API
| over DirectX 9.0c API calls. We're open-sourcing
| ANGLE under the BSD license as an early work-in-
| progress, but when complete, it will enable
| browsers like Google Chrome to run WebGL content
| on Windows computers without having to rely on
| OpenGL drivers.
`----

http://blog.chromium.org/2010/03/introducing-angle-project.html

Recent:

RE2: a principled approach to regular expression matching

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, we released RE2 as an open source
| project. It's a mostly drop-in replacement for
| PCRE's C++ bindings and is available under a
| BSD-style license. See the RE2 project page for
| details.
`----

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2010/03/re2-principled-approach-to-regular.html

Google Releases EtherPad as Open Source to Calm Users

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/185088/google_releases_etherpad_as_open_source_to_calm_users.html