[News] GNU/Linux Runs in Many Places Around the House

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Runs in Many Places Around the House
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 19:29:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

50 Places Linux is Running That You Might Not Expect

,----[ Quote ]
| It was not long ago when Microsoft Windows
| had a tight stranglehold on the operating
| system market. Walk into a Circuit City or
| Staples, it seemed, and virtually any
| computer you took home would be running the
| most current flavor of Windows. Ditto for
| computers ordered direct from a
| manufacturer. In the last decade, though,
| the operating system market has begun to
| change. Slightly more than 5% of all
| computers now run Mac, according to
| NetMarketShare.com. Linux is hovering just
| beneath 1% of the overall market share in
| operating systems. And although that might
| sound like a small number, Linux is far
| more than just a fringe OS. In fact, it's
| running in quite a few more places than you
| probably suspect. Below are fifty places
| Linux is running today in place of Windows
| or Mac. For easy reading, they are divided
| amongst government, home, business, and
| educational usage.
`----

http://www.focus.com/fyi/information-technology/50-places-linux-running-you-might-not-expect/

Editor's Note: All This Great Technology Just to Reinvent Television

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2010-03-20-006-35-OS-CY