[News] Server Grids Done With GNU/Linux, 'Clouds' Too

  • Subject: [News] Server Grids Done With GNU/Linux, 'Clouds' Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:58:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

XtreemOS 2.1: Linux for the Grid

,----[ Quote ]
| The XtreemOS consortium developers have
| announced the release of version 2.1 of
| their Linux-based Grid operating system.
| The project, which has as its motto "Making
| Grid Computing Easier", is aimed at
| creating an open source Grid OS with native
| support for virtual organisations (VO) and
| the ability to run on a wide range of
| platforms, from clusters to mobiles.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/XtreemOS-2-1-Linux-for-the-Grid-960786.html

CloudLinux Issues White Paper on Web Hosting Server Load

,----[ Quote ]
| Hosting-oriented Linux operating system
| developer CloudLinux (www.cloudlinux.com)
| issued a white paper this week, offering
| the details of a study conducted by the
| company on server load issues faced by
| companies in the shared web hosting space.
`----

http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/032610_CloudLinux_Issues_White_Paper_on_Web_Hosting_Server_Load

Linux: A Platform for the Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| The goal of this article is to review the
| history and architecture of Linux as well
| as its present day developments to
| understand how Linux has become today's
| leading platform for cloud computing. We
| will start with a little history on Unix
| system development and then move to the
| Linux system itself.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/enterprise/cloud-computing/294376:linux-a-platform-for-the-clouds-

Recent:

XtreemOS project launches new grid operating system

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ec.europa.eu/research/headlines/news/article_09_12_09_en.html

`----