[News] Linux 2.6.34 Now in RC2, New Features

Linux 2.6.34-rc2 Kernel Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Some 18 hours ago the Linux 2.6.34-rc2
| version was tagged and is now available,
| but oddly we have yet to come across a
| kernel release announcement from Linus
| Torvalds.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODA4NA

Kernel Log: Ceph file system in 2.6.34, kernel and KVM presentations at the CLT2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Linus Torvalds has integrated the Ceph
| distributed network file system and
| released the second release candidate of
| 2.6.34. Torvalds intends to vary the length
| of the merge window from now on. Slides of
| the presentations at the Chemnitz Linux
| Days provide background information about
| kernel and KVM topics. Ubuntu has been
| given an AMD graphics driver which
| cooperates with series 1.7 X Servers.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Kernel-Log-Ceph-file-system-in-2-6-34-kernel-and-KVM-presentations-at-the-CLT2010-961429.html

HostV Deploys Ksplice Rebootless Solution to Boost Server Uptime

,----[ Quote ]
| HostV, a leader in managed Virtual Private
| Servers and Dedicated servers, announced
| today it has completed deployment of
| Ksplice Uptrack, a subscription service
| that enables server administrators to apply
| important Linux kernel security updates
| without rebooting the server.
`----

http://www.i-newswire.com/hostv-deploys-ksplice-rebootless/27202

Revisited: ZFS, Btrfs and Oracle.

,----[ Quote ]
| This entry is a continuation of one
| published in May of 2009. In fact it is
| relating to a comment made earlier today
| which I responded to in brief words. I am
| now taking the time to offer my viewpoint
| on the whole ZFS licensing under the CDDL
| and the reasoning for it.
`----

http://blog.hydrasystemsllc.com/2010/03/19/revisted-zfs-btrfs-and-oracle/

Linux adds router denial-of-service prevention

,----[ Quote ]
| The recently completed Linux 2.6.34 merge
| window included a patch to eliminate a type
| of denial-of-service attack against
| routers. The "Generalized TTL Security
| Mechanism" (GTSM) is described in RFC 5082
| as a means to protect routers from CPU-
| utilization attacksâessentially overloading
| the router with bogus Border Gateway
| Protocol (BGP) packets. With the addition
| of a simple socket option, those attacks
| can be easily thwarted.
`----

https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/379070/8bb70d31252bf6e0/

Recent:

Linux 2.6.34 development marches on

,----[ Quote ]
| Only 12 days after the release of Linux
| 2.6.33, the merge window for version 2.6.34 of
| Linux has now been closed and Linus Torvalds
| has announced the first preview release of the
| upcoming 2.6.34 Linux kernel.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Linux-2-6-34-development-marches-on-950133.html

400,000+ lines added in Linux 2.6.34-rc1 kernel

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/03/400000-lines-added-in-linux-26.html