[News] Alleged Microsoft Proxy (TurboHercules) Goes Against IBM and GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Alleged Microsoft Proxy (TurboHercules) Goes Against IBM and GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:25:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

One source said to me that they could be aided by Microsoft and they are members of the same AstroTurf ("Open" Mainframe).

TurboHercules SAS Files Formal Complaint against IBM with the European Commission for Violations of EU Antitrust Law

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/turbohercules-sas-files-formal-complaint-against-ibm-with-the-european-commission-for-violations-of-eu-antitrust-law-2010-03-23?reflink=MW_news_stmp

French firm files EU antitrust motion against IBM

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM said TurboHercules was a member of
| organisations funded by rivals such as
| Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) "to attack the
| mainframe", which is IBM's main business.
|
| TurboHercules, a privately-held company set
| up in 2009, is a member of a non-profit
| trade group called the Computer and
| Communications Industry Association (CCIA),
| which counts Microsoft and Oracle Corp
| (ORCL.O) as members, but not IBM.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE62M2DI20100323

IBM faces fresh EU antitrust complaint

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/ec2e2b68-3653-11df-8151-00144feabdc0.html

IBM Faces New EU Competition Complaint on Mainframes (Update1)

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-23/ibm-faces-new-eu-competition-complaint-on-mainframes-update1-.html

EU anti-trust team to investigate IBM

http://www.computing.co.uk/computing/news/2260042/turbohercules-asks-eu-anti

IBM landed with fresh EU anti-trust claim

http://www.thinq.co.uk/news/2010/3/23/ibm-landed-with-fresh-eu-anti-trust-claim/

Call Trading Swells Toward IBM Ahead of Antitrust Allegations

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/commentary/content/call+trading+swells+toward+ibm+ahead+of+antitrust+allegations/trading_floor_blog.aspx?ID=98733

Antitrust Update

http://www.mainjustice.com/2010/03/23/antitrust-update-2/

IBM Slapped With 3rd Mainframe Antitrust Complaint in Europe

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/192144/ibm_slapped_with_3rd_mainframe_antitrust_complaint_in_europe.html

IBM faces mainframe biz European antitrust probe

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/23/ibm_turbohercules_ec_antitrust_complaint/

IBM Mainframe Business Under Fire in Europe

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/IT-Infrastructure/IBM-Mainframe-Business-Under-Fire-in-Europe-792475/