[News] Novell Does Not Rule Out Being Bought Soon

  • Subject: [News] Novell Does Not Rule Out Being Bought Soon
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:03:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Elliott Welcomes Novellâs Move to Put Itself in Play

,----[ Quote ]
| Elliott Associates said Monday that it was
| encouraged that Novell would consider
| selling itself after the business software
| maker rejected Elliottâs unsolicited $2
| billion takeover offer as âinadequate.â
|
| âWe welcome the boardâs decision to conduct
| a sale of the company, which we believe is
| the best way to maximize shareholder
| value,â Elliott said in a statement. âOur
| goal is to acquire Novell, and our cash
| offer to acquire all of the companyâs
| shares for $5.75 per share provides
| shareholders with a substantial premium.â
| It added, âWe look forward to the process
| and to actively pursuing an acquisition of
| the company.â
`----

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/22/elliott-welcomes-novells-move-to-put-itself-in-play/

Novell Says Purchase Offer From Elliott âInadequateâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell Inc. said a $5.75-a-share
| acquisition offer from Elliott Associates
| LP is âinadequateâ and undervalues the
| maker of Linux operating-system software.
|
| Novellâs board is reviewing its
| alternatives, which include a stock
| repurchase, joint ventures, a cash
| dividend, a recapitalization and a sale of
| the company, the company said in a
| statement.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-20/novell-says-5-75-share-offer-from-elliott-is-inadequate-.html

Tech stocks rise early; Novell rejects buyout bid

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tech-stocks-rise-early-novell-rejects-buyout-bid-2010-03-22

push for Novell to offer itself, maybe to another company like Microsoft

Elliott welcomes Novell's call to sell company

,----[ Quote ]
| Investment fund Elliott Associates, which
| had previously bid for Novell Inc (NOVL.O),
| said it welcomed the business-software
| maker's decision to sell itself.
|
| "We welcome the Board's decision to conduct
| a sale of the company, which we believe is
| the best way to maximize shareholder
| value," Elliott said in a statement.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE62L0FY20100322

Novell rejects bid, may sell itself, shares up

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62L2DP20100322?type=globalMarketsNews

Novell Says Purchase Offer From Elliott âInadequateâ

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell Inc. said a $5.75-a-share
| acquisition offer from Elliott Associates
| LP is âinadequateâ and undervalues the
| maker of Linux operating-system software.
|
| Novellâs board is reviewing its
| alternatives, which include a stock
| repurchase, joint ventures, a cash
| dividend, a recapitalization and a sale of
| the company, the company said in a
| statement.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-20/novell-says-5-75-share-offer-from-elliott-is-inadequate-.html

Novell Rejects Hedge Fundâs Offer To Take The Company Private For $2 Billion

http://techcrunch.com/2010/03/20/novell-rejects-hedge-funds-offer-to-take-the-company-private-for-2-billion/

Novell rejects $2 billion Elliott Associates offer

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62J1VM20100320

Novell rejects Elliot takeover bid as 'inadequate'

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-20000841-92.html

Novell Rejects Elliottâs Bid as âInadequateâ

http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/20/novell-rejects-elliotts-bid-as-inadequate/

Novell Board Rejects Elliott Associates' Unsolicited Bid

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704550004575134461503968190.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

Novell tells Elliott to go away

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1597422/novell-tells-elliott-away

Novell Rejects Takeover Bidâ But Welcomes Other Bidders

,----[ Quote ]
| Translation: Novell is willing to listen to
| more takeover bids. But is that really
| news? Shouldnât Novellâs board always be
| looking for alternatives to enhance
| stockholder value?
|
| Also, Novellâs rejection of the Elliott
| Associatesâ bid mentions âNovellâs growth
| prospects.â Hmmmâ Is Novell really a growth
| company? Top-line financial results suggest
| no. But individual product groups â
| particularly SUSE Linux â suggest yes.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/03/21/novell-rejects-takeover-bid-but-welcomes-other-bidders/

Novell snubs hedge fund's $1bn takeover bid

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/03/22/novell_rejects_elliot_associates/

Novell's Board of Directors Rejects Elliott Associates' Unsolicited, Conditional Proposal as Inadequate

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/novells-board-of-directors-rejects-elliott-associates-unsolicited-conditional-proposal-as-inadequate-88723802.html

Novell rejects "inadequate" $2B takeover bid

http://www.businessweek.com/idg/2010-03-22/novell-rejects-inadequate-2b-takeover-bid.html

Novell rejects $2B buyout offer, explores options

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9EJM0GG0.htm

Novell Rejects Elliott, To Explore Options

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704117304575137592682898612.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines