[News] Servers Running GNU/Linux Could Get Boost from Oracle, OS X Server Disappoints

  • Subject: [News] Servers Running GNU/Linux Could Get Boost from Oracle, OS X Server Disappoints
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:38:14 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Oracle's Linux Server Slant

,----[ Quote ]
| Based on Oracle's recent actions, it seems the
| company is hell-bent on driving as many of its
| potential customers as possible away from the
| UNIX offerings it acquired from Sun and into
| the arms of Red Hat and other enterprise Linux
| vendors.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/trends/article.php/3873696/Oracles-Linux-Server-Slant.htm

A Sys Admin's Guide to the Server OS of Your Dreams

,----[ Quote ]
| What's startlingly clear from this little
| exercise though is how dismally Apple's
| operating systems match up to this list of
| ideals. Quite simply, OS X Server doesn't tick
| any of these boxes at all. If Linux is the
| closest thing to a dream OS, then OS X is
| without doubt an OS nightmare. Think, being
| chased by monsters, your teeth falling out and
| finding yourself naked in public all rolled
| into one.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/article.php/3870926/A-Sys-Admins-Guide-to-the-Server-OS-of-Your-Dreams

Recent:

Oracle clamps down on Sun hardware support contracts

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid80_gci1507537,00.html