[News] Lesser Known GNU/Linux Distributions for Sub-notebooks, ASUS to Put Linux on Tablets

  • Subject: [News] Lesser Known GNU/Linux Distributions for Sub-notebooks, ASUS to Put Linux on Tablets
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:59:46 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cool portable linux music studio

,----[ Quote ]
| If you like ubuntu and like making digital
| music you should definitely take a look at
| Indamixx's Transmission.
`----

http://www.handlewithlinux.com/cool-portable-linux-music-studio

Linux on Netbooks Reloads With Ubuntu-based Jolicloud

,----[ Quote ]
| Jolicloud plans to release an SDK to help
| port apps to its platform, but since apps
| are in HTML5, any developer writing HTML5
| apps won't need to make a "port," per se,
| said Krim.
|
| For now, Jolicloud is a free product. Krim
| said the company is looking at different
| ways to monetize the software and/or
| services but for now, "we want to provide a
| compelling user experience before charging
| people."
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/7023/1/

ASUS Confirms Tablet Plans

,----[ Quote ]
| Although it hasn't been confirmed, one
| device is expected to be Windows-based
| while the other is either Android or
| Chrome.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/31/asus-confirms-tablet-plans/

Recent:

Tablets, Netbooks and Ultra Thins... Oh My!

,----[ Quote ]
| Trinity Audio Group's awarding winning Indamixx line of
| portable studio's partners with Renoise and Create
| Digital Music to kick off this falls hottest song
| contest. "Trackers are back" says creative director
| Ronald Stewart.
`----

http://linuxpr.com/releases/11655.html

Indamixx Studio offers Linux-based netbook configured for music

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâre a big audiophile and are in the market for a netbook, we might just
| have something for you that fits the bill. The Indamixx Laptop offers up a
| ton of pre-installed audio software on a Linux-based OS and the entire system
| falls under $500.
|
| The Indamixx Laptop, from Trinity Audio Group, was announced today and is the
| perfect choice for DJâs, producers and remixers. It uses an Intel Atom
| processor and makes it easy to create and broadcast your music on the web.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/indamixx-studio-offers-linux-based-netbook-configured-for-music-2624369/

Linux Carried Along on Netbooks Wave

,----[ Quote ]