[News] Experiences With Android/Linux and New Rumours About Decoupling

  • Subject: [News] Experiences With Android/Linux and New Rumours About Decoupling
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:18:09 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Android on HTC Kaiser (Tilt 8925)

,----[ Quote ]
| My current Android build of choice for my
| Kaiser, and the second one I would like to
| recommend here, is Myn's Warm Donut. Under
| this build I have a fully functional Android
| system on my Kaiser. Warm Donut is a variation
| of Andriod 1.6 for your device, this version
| is quite snappy/responsive. Which of the two
| builds you would like to use is up to you -
| personally I recommend trying them both and
| seeing which one you enjoy more/suits your
| needs.
`----

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/03/android-on-htc-kaiser-tilt-8925.html

Google mum on Android split-up rumor

,----[ Quote ]
| Google declined to comment on Engadget's claim
| that Google will decouple Android components
| from core code releases, offering them over
| Android Market, says eWEEK. In other Android
| news on eWEEK, the Motorola Droid started
| receiving Android 2.1 updates, and Google
| denied that it's sharing ad revenues from
| Android apps.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Google-Android-decoupling-and-revenue-sharing-rumors/

Recent:

Telstra to publish apps on Android Market

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/340896/telstra_publish_apps_android_market?fp=2&fpid=1&rid=1