[News] Android Convergence, Triumph Over Apple

  • Subject: [News] Android Convergence, Triumph Over Apple
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 09:53:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

One Android To Rule Them All?

,----[ Quote ]
| Android is looking good, no doubt about it.
| What has started as a Linux-based OS for
| handsets (i.e., mobile phones) has now
| rapidly spread to different devices. There
| are small tablet computers like Archos'
| Internet tablets and Enso's zenPad, e-book
| readers like Barnes & Noble's nook and
| Spring Designs Alex, and even a netbook -
| Acer's Aspire One D250 (actually dual boots
| with Windows 7).
`----

http://steamingopencup.blogspot.com/2010/03/one-android-to-rule-them-all.html

Survey: Developer Interest in Android Up, iPad Wanes

,----[ Quote ]
| Appcelerator, maker of the open-source
| Titanium cross-platform mobile, desktop and
| Web development platform, has released a
| new survey of its developer base that
| indicates that, while still hot, developer
| interest in Apple's iPad is slightly on the
| wane from earlier this year, while interest
| in the Google Android platform continues to
| grow.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/Survey-Developer-Interest-in-Android-Up-iPad-Wanes-269176/

MIPS targets Android handsets

,----[ Quote ]
| MIPS Technologies, the microprocessor core
| licensor, has identified penetration of the
| cellular handset market as its top
| corporate priority.
|
| "It's at the top of my agenda," Sandeep
| Vij, who took over as CEO of MIPS last
| January, tells Electronics Weekly, "two
| customers are building chips for Android
| handsets based on MIPS - one in China and
| one in EMEA."
`----

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Articles/2010/04/01/48338/mips-targets-android-handsets.htm

Recent: