[News] A Visual Tour/Look at PC-BSD

pc-bsd-a quick tour of the desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| this clip show some of the games/apps/etc that
| come pre installed with pc-bsd
`----

http://www.freebsd.org.in/2010/04/02/pc-bsd-a-quick-tour-of-the-desktop/

Recent:

Taking a look at PC-BSD 8.0

,----[ Quote ]
| While on the topic of other operating systems,
| it's hard for me, as a long-time Linux user,
| not to constantly compare PC-BSD to the
| penguin. Usually, these comparisons turn out
| favourably for PC-BSD. For example, PC-BSD
| runs faster on my systems than most of the
| full-sized Linux distributions and it
| generally used less memory. My notebook has an
| Intel video card and it's a card that has
| tripped up some of the more popular distros,
| but PC-BSD handled it without any problems.
| Likewise, sound worked on both of my machines
| without any tweaking, a feat Linux isn't
| always able to match. Some people might not
| like the PBI self-contained packaging
| approach, but the OS supports more traditional
| forms of package management, ensuring PBI
| files do not have to be used.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20100308#feature

PC-BSD 8.0 Released For A Polished, Friendlier FreeBSD Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeBSD 8.0 was released in November with a
| number of improvements and various performance
| enhancements as our FreeBSD benchmarks have
| shown, but if the text-based installation
| process has put you off from installing this
| popular BSD distribution or other usability
| challenges, there's no reason to fear any
| longer. The PC-BSD project has finally come
| out with their stable PC-BSD 8.0 release that
| is derived from FreeBSD 8.0 but with much
| desktop-oriented love and its friendlier
| installer and package management system.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=pcbsd_8&num=1

Interview with Kris Moore, PC-BSD

,----[ Quote ]