[News] Apple's Bullying of Android (Linux) Phones Takes Embargo Turn

  • Subject: [News] Apple's Bullying of Android (Linux) Phones Takes Embargo Turn
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 10:49:46 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Apple lawsuit: The elephant in HTCâs new headquarters

http://blogs.ft.com/techblog/2010/04/apple-lawsuit-the-elephant-in-htcs-new-headquarters/

Taiwan's HTC says Apple suit not affecting operations

,----[ Quote ]
| Taiwan's HTC Corp (2498.TW), the world's
| No.5 smartphone maker, said on Friday a
| lawsuit against it by Apple Computer
| (AAPL.O) was not affecting operations.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTPU00230420100402

HTCâs Operations Not Affected by Lawsuit

http://topnews.us/content/215140-htc-s-operations-not-affected-lawsuit

ITC to investigate HTC over Apple complaint

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15858/itc_to_investigate_htc_over_apple_complaint

ITC agrees to investigate Apple's patent suit against HTC

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/04/01/itc_agrees_to_investigate_apples_patent_suit_against_htc.html

ITC Investigates Appleâs Lawsuit Against HTC

http://mygadgetnews.com/2010/04/01/itc-investigates-apples-lawsuit-against-htc/

ITC to investigate Appleâs claims of HTC patent theft

http://www.slashgear.com/itc-to-investigate-apples-claims-of-htc-patent-theft-0280166/

ITC Agrees to Examine Apple's Complaints Against HTC

http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=5757

USITC to investigate Apple patent infringement complaint against HTC

,----[ Quote ]
| Today the United States International Trade
| Commission (USITC) said that it will
| investigate Apple's complaint that HTC
| infringed on its patents.
`----

http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=9150

Apple should patent IP theft of patents

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I was at Williams Coffee Pub, eating
| a delicous bagel with garlic flavoured
| cream cheese and enjoying my coffee. I
| happened to stumble upon some interesting
| news around Apple and OpenPandora. The
| issue is over something called the
| "iControlPad" which was an add-on for the
| iPhone which made it easier to play games
| on the device. Apple decided it was a
| worthy enough invention that it decided to
| put a patent on it. That's correct folks,
| Apple stole someone else's invention
| (iControlPad.com). This isn't news if you
| know about Xerox though ;)
`----

http://www.pwnage.ca/?q=node/34

Recent:

Apple director 'disgusted' by Jobsian health secrets

,----[ Quote ]
| The web is abuzz with instant replays of
| Thursday's revelation by the Wall Street
| Journal that recently deceased Apple board
| member Jerry York told the paper that he
| was "disgusted" with CEO Steve Jobs'
| secrecy over his health problems.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/25/apple_board_of_directors/

WSJ: Apple Director Almost Resigned Over Jobs Health Issues

,----[ Quote ]
| The recent passing of Apple director Jerome
| York has left a hole in the company's board
| of directors, but it's also revealed that
| the group is not quite the unified front
| that it's often thought to be.
|
| According to a report in The Wall Street
| Journal , York was unhappy with the way
| that Apple CEO Steve Jobs handled his
| health problems last year. In a 2009
| interview with the Journal--comments from
| which weren't published until this week--
| York said Jobs should have publicly
| announced his health issues when he backed
| out of appearing at Macworld Expo, less
| than a month prior to his taking a leave of
| absence.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/192426/wsj_apple_director_almost_resigned_over_jobs_health_issues.html?tk=rss_news

On Apple's Board, Fewer Independent Voices

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704266504575141933921476048.html?mg=com-wsj

Apple display patent enslaves sun

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/26/apple_external_light_patent/

What is it about Apple Inc., really?