[News] Open Access/Content Milestone Reached by The Internet Archive

  • Subject: [News] Open Access/Content Milestone Reached by The Internet Archive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 01:24:39 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Two Million Free Texts Now Available

,----[ Quote ]
| The Internet Archive is pleased to
| announce an important manuscript,
| Homiliary on Gospels from Easter to first
| Sunday of Advent, as the 2,000,000th free
| digital text. Internet Archive has been
| scanning books and making them available
| for researchers, historians, scholars,
| people with disabilities, and the general
| public for free on archive.org since 2005.
`----

http://www.archive.org/iathreads/post-view.php?id=300273

Video: Staying in touch with nature by sharing.

http://opensource.com/business/10/2/video-staying-touch-nature-sharing

Forget Avatar, the real 3D revolution is coming to your front room

,----[ Quote ]
| But what if increased business
| opportunities were only the beginning?
| What if 3D printing actually changed lives
| not just for entrepreneurs but for
| consumers, for citizens? Adrian Bowyer is
| a senior lecturer at the department of
| mechanical engineering at the University
| of Bath. Since 2005 he has been working on
| the Reprap, a project with a clear aim: to
| make a 3D printer that can reproduce
| itself.
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/apr/04/3d-printing-design

Recent:

New strategy for Internet Archive movies!

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://internetarchive.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/new-strategy-for-internet-archive-movies/