[News] Microsoft Carries on Messing About With Virtualisation to Harm Rivals

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Carries on Messing About With Virtualisation to Harm Rivals
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 01:33:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Guest operating system support: Microsoft's conflict

,----[ Quote ]
| That last sentence resonates with me. It does
| change the story when you are the OS maker.
| And it runs in direct contrast to what the
| goals of a hypervisor vendor should be. To
| me, that statement read, "To promote a
| unified support model between the many
| applications, OSes and marketing teams within
| Microsoft, we are imposing artificial
| limitations on Hyper-V support."
|
| We have seen Microsoft impose such limits
| this before, as it did in adjusting its
| virtualization licensing to limit the
| advanced VMware features that Microsoft's own
| virtualization products could not support. As
| soon as Hyper-V could support these features,
| Microsoft made its licensing models more
| friendly. Windows has been restricted to
| promote Hyper-V, and now Hyper-V has been
| restricted to promote newer Microsoft OSes.
`----

http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/news/column/0,294698,sid94_gci1443339,00.html

Recent:

Why Microsoft is sabotaging desktop virtualization

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/virtualization/why-microsoft-sabotaging-desktop-virtualization-066?source=IFWNLE_nlt_daily_2009-08-11