[News] [Rival] Google is Depleting Microsoft's Revenue

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Google is Depleting Microsoft's Revenue
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 07:35:57 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's denial over Google could spell disaster

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=1923

Is Google Apps a Threat to Microsoft Office?

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple has taken share from Windows
| operating systems, and on the lower end,
| consumer netbooks from Hewlett-Packard
| (NYSE: HPQ) and other PC manufacturers
| have Linux-based operating systems as an
| option. While these challenges may be a
| blow to Redmond's pride, they have yet to
| be a threat to its business. However, with
| Google Apps, Microsoft is seeing a major
| challenge to one of its most important
| products: Microsoft Office.
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2010/03/31/is-google-apps-a-threat-to-microsoft-office.aspx

Microsoft's Office Suite May Be Challenged By Google's Alternatives (MSFT,GOOG)

http://www.mysmartrend.com/nw/20730

Microsoft Office Faces Challenge From Free Google Tools

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703409804575143761968171250.html?mod=WSJ_business_whatsNews

Some say weâre âon the side of tyranny.â But at Microsoftâ

http://trueslant.com/matthewsteinglass/2010/03/31/some-say-were-on-the-side-of-tyranny-but-at-microsoft/

Microsoft CEO says no China exit

http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/Microsoft+says+China+exit/2442328/story.html

Three Reasons Why Microsoft Stays on the Dark Side in China

,----[ Quote ]
| Letâs talk about straight business issues
| and not whether anyone is right or wrong.
| Although I think the moral and ethical
| issues are clear if youâre not running a
| company involved in China, things get
| murkier when thereâs business to conduct
| and you have not only self interest, but a
| legally-mandated fiduciary responsibility
| to investors.
|
| I may have been a bit harsh when saying
| that this was only a business decisions
| for Google, and it seems clear that the
| situation had an impact on company co-
| founder Sergey Brin, but given how long
| the company was willing to hold its nose,
| you know that morality can take a back
| seat to pragmatism. From purely business
| considerations, it would be much harder
| for Microsoft to pull out of China than
| Google.
`----

http://industry.bnet.com/technology/10006481/three-reasons-microsoft-stays-on-the-dark-side-in-china/

TechCrunch: Congress On China: Google Gets A Big Wet Kiss. Microsoft Is "Enabling Tyranny"

http://www.newsfactor.com/blog_article.php?aid=2683813&full_skip=1

Unlike Google, Microsoft opts to stay in China

http://www.justsearching.co.uk/news/unlike-google-microsoft-opts-to-stay-in-china.html

Google faces bundling complaint

,----[ Quote ]
| But isn't Foundem just a Microsoft puppet?
| Its founders say no. Foundem does belong
| to trade group ICOMP, which is funded in
| part by Microsoft, as Google pointed out
| in a blog post. (As Google also pointed
| out, one of the other complaining
| companies, Ciao! by Bing, is a Microsoft
| subsidiary.) In addition, the Register
| notes that ICOMP's legal director wrote
| some "legal bits" of Foundem's EU
| complaint.
|
| However, the article says Foundem hasn't
| received any money from the trade group or
| from Microsoft, and neither company has
| any ownership interest in the other.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/03/the_antitrust_case_against_google.html