[News] Red Hat's GNU/Linux Proposition Improved, Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat's GNU/Linux Proposition Improved, Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:57:53 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Red Hat Prepares Private Cloud Pitch for Wall Street

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux already enjoys
| strong momentum on Wall Street. But now,
| The VAR Guy hears, Red Hat is preparing to
| make a private cloud pitch to Wall Street
| customers and partners on April 19. Here
| are the detail, and the implications for
| Red Hat partners.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/04/05/red-hat-prepares-private-cloud-pitch-for-wall-street/

Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 Trails RHEL 5.5

,----[ Quote ]
| That's pretty quick and in my view, one of
| the quickest turnarounds yet from Oracle
| with their version of RHEL.  Oracle has
| been releasing its own version of Linux
| with OEL, based on RHEL since 2006 and
| they've been updating OEL as Red Hat
| updates RHEL.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/04/oracle-enterprise-linux-55-tra.html

Open cloud: Game changing technology for govts

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat urges governments to implement
| cloud computing founded on both open
| standards and open source as de facto. Open
| Source technology by its nature, provides a
| robust and interoperable foundation for
| many of todayâs cloud computing
| deployments. Moreover, it obviates the
| problem of vendor lock-in that has
| prevailed for decades.
|
| Red Hat has the enabling open source
| technology that governments can already
| leverage today to implement robust, high
| performance clouds that are reliable,
| available and scalable.
`----

http://www.futuregov.net/articles/2010/apr/05/open-cloud-computing/