[News] Linux on Devices: Wristwatch, NAS, and More

  • Subject: [News] Linux on Devices: Wristwatch, NAS, and More
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:07:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Remember the Linux wristwatch?

,----[ Quote ]
| With all the hype about the iPad, and
| indeed, the hype about smaller and smaller
| mobile computing devices, I thought I would
| remind you all that there was at one point
| a Linux-powered wristwatch! This marvelous
| curiosity was discussed back in 2001, when
| it ran kernel version 2.2.1, had 8
| megabytes of flash memory, and had IrDA
| (remember that?!).
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/04/05/remember-the-linux-wristwatch/

VIA M'SERV: the Perfect Little Linux Box?

,----[ Quote ]
| Last year about this time we reviewed the
| VIA ARTiGO A2000 and found it to be a great
| hardware complement to the FreeNAS
| distribution. This time around we take a
| look at the latest incarnation of the small
| server box from VIA named the M'Serv S2100.
| We had to look pretty close to see the
| differences in the two from the outside. On
| the front panel they're virtually identical
| with the exception of one LED. On the back
| panel the two audio ports have been
| replaced with a second Ethernet port.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/7030/1/

OMAP35x dev board gains 802.11n, Bluetooth

,----[ Quote ]
| The WiLink 6.0 design, which debuted in
| January in TI's own eBook Development
| Platform for Linux and Android, was the
| first of the company's WiLink chips to
| offer 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth, and FM on a
| single chip.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/TI-WiLink-60-WL1271/?kc=rss

CyberVisionâs 64 channel NVR system, based on the Linux operating system, is an all in one Hybrid recording system.

,----[ Quote ]
| StarDot Welcomes CyberVision Inc. as Their
| New NVR Partner with full Support of
| StarDotâs New Line of Dual Codec
| H.264/MJPEG Cameras
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/stardot-welcomes-cybervision-inc-as,1234151.shtml

Digi International Partners with Timesys to Provide Embedded Linux Solutions for Products Designed with
Digiâs ConnectCore(TM) Wi-i.MX51 System-on-Module

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/digi-international-partners-with-timesys-to-provide-embedded-linux-solutions-for-products-designed-with-digis-connectcoretm-wi-imx51-system-on-module-90011777.html

Recent:

Datalight simplifies data storage for Linux-based devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Datalight Inc. announced support for Linux
| kernel versions up to 2.6.29 with new
| versions of FlashFX Tera, the file-system
| independent flash memory manager and
| Reliance Nitro, its high-performance file
| system. FlashFX Tera version 1.2 offers
| out-of-the-box support for over 300
| different flash memory parts from various
| suppliers, expanding the choice for OEMs
| (original equipment manufacturers) using
| flash memory.
`----

http://www.wwpi.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8456:datalight-simplifies-data-storage-for-linux-based-devices&catid=221:other-storage-media-ssd-hdd-blades&Itemid=2701223

Calsoft enters digital home market