[News] Mandriva Has New Leadership, Consider Most New Users-Friendly

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva Has New Leadership, Consider Most New Users-Friendly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 02:08:14 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mandriva Announces Arnaud LaprÃvote as CEO

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva today announced that its board of
| directors has named Arnaud LaprÃvote on the
| 24th of March to serve as the company's Chief
| Executive Officer.
|
| Arnaud LaprÃvote succeeds Stanislas Bois.
| Arnaud will surround himself with Hervà Yahi,
| Chief Stategic Officer and Stanislas Bois,
| Chief Financial Officer at Mandriva.
|
| Arnaud LaprÃvote will also hold the position
| of Chief Technical Officer and of Director of
| Research and Development.
`----

http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/mandriva-announces-arnaud-laprevote-as-ceo

Linux: The Best New User Distribution is not Necessarily Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I am sure many will have other new user
| distributions to recommend and may argue
| against my choices. Debate over distributions
| is one thing that is not in short supply in
| the Linux community. However, I am going out
| on a limb to state that Mandriva Linux is
| easily at the top of the list of new user
| distributions. I am confident that this
| assertion will hold up under scrutiny once I
| make my case.
`----

http://blog.eracc.com/2010/04/07/linux-the-best-new-user-distribution-is-not-necessarily-ubuntu/

Recent:

First Glance at Mandriva Enterprise Server 5.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Last fall I took Mandriva's desktop system,
| Mandriva 2010, for a test drive and thoroughly
| enjoyed the experience. The Mandriva
| developers make one of the most user-friendly,
| stable and elegant systems in the Linux
| ecosystem. Having played with their Enterprise
| Server, I find it to be in the same class of
| excellence. The Enterprise Server is fast,
| stable, easy to configure and wonderfully
| intuitive to use. One of the things I enjoyed
| most about using MES is it does a great job of
| balancing giving information to the user while
| staying out of the way. There aren't any
| annoying pop-ups and neither is the user left
| alone in an empty sea of UNIX. The Control
| Center continues to be one of the best all-in-
| one configuration tools on the market and I
| like the work the developers have put into
| installing services as building blocks. Having
| played with MES for a week, setting up
| services, running and restoring backups and
| managing accounts, I've encountered no
| problems. The system feels polished and well
| tested, suitable for a business environment
| and the price tag makes Mandriva's Enterprise
| Server a good option for small and medium
| organisations who are looking for an
| inexpensive solution.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story/23107/First_Glance_at_Mandriva_Enterprise_Server_5_1

First Look â Mandriva 2010.1 beta 1 â Gnome Edition

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxcritic.com/mandriva-20101-beta-1-gnome-edition/