[News] Firefox âLorentzâ Out as Beta

Firefox Lorentz beta available for download and testing

,----[ Quote ]
| A beta of the Firefox âLorentzâ project is
| now available for download and public
| testing. Firefox âLorentzâ takes the out of
| process plugins work from Mozilla Developer
| Previews and builds it on top of Firefox
| 3.6.3. This beta offers uninterrupted
| browsing for Windows and Linux users when a
| problem causes a crash in any Adobe Flash,
| Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight
| plugin instance. If a plugin crashes or
| freezes when using Firefox âLorentzâ, it
| will not affect the rest of Firefox. Users
| can submit a plugin crash report, and then
| reload the page to restart the plugin and
| try again.
`----

https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2010/04/08/firefox-lorentz-beta-available-for-download-and-testing/

Firefox Lorentz Beta Isolates Plug-in Crashes for Uninterrupted Browsing

http://lifehacker.com/5513281/firefox-lorentz-beta-isolates-plug+in-crashes-for-uninterrupted-browsing

Firefox 3.6.4 Coming May 4 with Out of Process Plugins

,----[ Quote ]
| Pressure from Google Chrome and,
| increasingly, from other main players in
| the web-browser market is forcing Mozilla
| to change its ways. Most notably, it's
| starting to rethink its update schedule and
| system for Firefox and favoring small
| incremental updates, a la Chrome, instead
| of major releases months or years apart.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Firefox-3-6-4-Coming-May-4-with-Out-of-Process-Plugins-139419.shtml

Firefox 3.6.4 (Lorentz) beta coming tomorrow with out of process plugins

,----[ Quote ]
| In recent days, the Firefox 3.6 branch
| became Lorentz, the code name for the first
| Firefox release to feature out of process
| plugins, which aims to improve overall
| stability by running plugins like Adobe
| Flash, Silverlight, and Java in their own
| independent process.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2010/04/firefox-3-6-4-lorentz-beta-coming-tomorrow-with-out-of-process-plugins/

Recent:

Top 5 Firefox addons that enhance your web experience

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/04/top-5-firefox-addons-that-enhance-your.html