[News] Sharing and Open Access Becoming More Common, Attributed to "Open/Source"

  • Subject: [News] Sharing and Open Access Becoming More Common, Attributed to "Open/Source"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 08:08:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Our Future Remade by 'Maker Culture'

,----[ Quote ]
| Those are some questions raised in articles
| running here over the past 11 weeks. As we
| bring this series to a close today, let's
| take a curious tour of a future re-made by
| Maker Culture.
`----

http://thetyee.ca/Life/2010/03/26/FutureRemade/

Video: Proprietary data is digital waste: a perspective on Green IT

,----[ Quote ]
| I always look forward to my conversations
| with Jan Wildeboer. Simply put, he helps me
| look at the world a little differently. A
| little more.... openly.
`----

http://opensource.com/government/10/4/video-proprietary-data-digital-waste-perspective-green-it

Software houses lead the open innovation trend

,----[ Quote ]
| Nesta said open innovation is a growing
| trend that allows new ideas, solutions and
| markets to be sourced from external
| partners rather than internal R&D
| departments.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2010/04/09/240855/software-houses-lead-the-open-innovation-trend.htm

Ordnance Survey data goes free: yes, we had noticed (just hadnât written itâ)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.freeourdata.org.uk/blog/2010/04/ordnance-survey-data-goes-free-yes-we-had-noticed-just-hadnt-written-it/