[News] Kernel Foundation Summit to be Streamed Live

  • Subject: [News] Kernel Foundation Summit to be Streamed Live
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:04:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Catch the Collaboration Summit from the Comfort of Home

,----[ Quote ]
| Next week's Collaboration Summit, put on by
| the Linux Foundation, will gather together
| "the brightest minds in Linux" to mull over
| all the great problems that plague our
| beloved operating system. If you can't make
| it to San Francisco to collaborate in
| person, fear not, the Summit will come to
| you.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/catch-collaboration-summit-comfort-home

Free video streaming offered for Linux summit

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation (LF) has announced it
| is now accepting registrations for a free,
| live video streaming program of its
| Collaboration Summit keynote sessions in
| San Francisco next Wednesday, April 14.
| Meanwhile, the non-profit Linux advocacy
| group has announced several new members,
| including Ricoh, Parallels, and Cubrid.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/LF-Collaboration-Summit-video-streaming-service/

Autonomously Generating An Ideal Kernel Configuration

,----[ Quote ]
| While most Linux users are fine with just
| using the kernel supplied by their
| distribution vendor, there are some
| enthusiasts and professional users who end
| up tweaking their kernel configuration
| extensively for their needs, particularly
| if they are within a corporate environment
| where the very best performance and
| reliability is demanded for a particular
| workload.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE0MA

Linux: Properly Creating And Testing Patches

,----[ Quote ]
| "If you're wondering why I'm taking a long
| time to respond to your patches,", began
| Theodore Ts'o on the linux-ext4 mailing
| list, in a thread that offered much insight
| into how and why to properly submit and
| test patches.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Properly_Creating%20_And_Testing_Patches

Recent:

One Year Later: What Do You Think of Linux.com?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/185-jennifer-cloer/293444-one-year-later-what-do-you-think-of-linuxcom