[News] GIMP Audiocast, Manuals, Photoshop Replacements

  • Subject: [News] GIMP Audiocast, Manuals, Photoshop Replacements
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:08:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Episode 138: A mixed Bag

,----[ Quote ]
| A really mixed bag today. First I reveal my
| criteria for selecting the images of the
| last show and tell, why I think that
| deleting of not so good images is a good
| idea. Then I show a bit of how I recorded
| the sound in Hamburg and how I used
| Cinelerra to include the sound in the show.
| This can be a good way to make a slide show
| out of your images. Add the stuff from
| âCinelerra in Japanâ and Michelleâs
| instruction videos and you are set.
`----

http://meetthegimp.org/episode-138-a-mixed-bag/

How to make a simple watermark in GIMP

http://www.scottphotographics.com/how-to-make-a-simple-watermark-in-gimp/

How To Use Photoshop Plugins On Linux

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/04/how-to-use-phoshop-plugins-on-linux.html

Revisiting some old-time favourite online freebies

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course your budget might not allow for a
| full copy of Adobe's Photoshop (the granddaddy
| of all image editing programs) but the open
| source knockoff called "The GIMP" (available
| at gimp.org)is surprisingly powerful and free.
`----

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2528412

Recent:

Photoshop VS. GIMP

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation
| Program. It is a freely distributed program
| for such tasks as photo retouching, image
| composition and image authoring.
|
| It has many capabilities. It can be used as a
| simple paint program, an expert quality photo
| retouching program, an online batch processing
| system, a mass production image renderer, an
| image format converter, etc.
`----

http://www.linux2u.co.cc/2010/04/photoshop-vs-gimp.html

Photoshop CS4 vs. GIMP 2.6.6