[News] Phones Running Linux Get Huge Number of Applications

  • Subject: [News] Phones Running Linux Get Huge Number of Applications
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 21:45:18 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

10 (or so) of the Best Mobile Linux Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, some mobile Linux devices will
| be written from the ground up for mobile
| devices. Here are five cool ones, picked
| somewhat at random from all the many.
| Literally thousands more can be found at
| mobile Linux app listing directories like
| the Zaurus Software Index or the Maemo
| Garage.
|
| [...]
|
| So there you have it, my list of top mobile
| Linux apps. And I didn't even get to
| applications with web service tie-ins, like
| the super-nifty JayCut video editor or get
| to what's coming from the Intel AppUp
| Center or Nokia's Ovi Store. Perhaps I'd
| better ask for help on this one! If you
| have a favorite mobile Linux app, please
| post it below, using the story comments
| feature!
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/embedded-mobile/mobile-linux/298829-10-or-so-of-the-best-mobile-linux-apps

Mobile Apps: Strike While Iron's Still Hot

,----[ Quote ]
| According to ABI Research, people will
| download around 6 billion mobile apps in
| 2010, up from an estimated 2.4 billion
| downloaded in 2009. The main drivers for
| the increase: the rise to the rapid
| adoption of smartphones (which had a 20%
| sales growth in 2009) and the proliferation
| of App stores for those platforms. And with
| two new platforms set to debut later this
| year (Samsung's Bada OS and Microsoft's
| Windows Phone 7), the growth will only
| continue.
`----

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=125757

Recent:

Iâm Abandoning iPhone Development. Mobile Orchard To Stop Publication.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/joewilcox/article/Clash-of-the-titans-Apple-Google-battle-for-the-mobile-Web/1270766852