[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Search a Train Wreck, Needs Bribes, Loses Over $2 Billion Per Year

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Search a Train Wreck, Needs Bribes, Loses Over $2 Billion Per Year
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 23:18:34 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bing nowhere to be found in iPhone OS 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Bing is still nowhere to be seen in the
| iPhone's Safari app, or anywhere else in
| the preview version of the OS. Besides
| Google, which remains the default search
| engine, the only other option remains
| Yahoo.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20002178-248.html

Microsoft Name No Match For Google Name in Search War

http://www.toptechreviews.net/tech-news/microsoft-name-no-match-for-google-name-in-search-war/

Is Microsoft Bing losing steam?

,----[ Quote ]
| It was more of a flattening out than a
| significant decline, Google actually fell
| even more, and one month does not make a
| trend. That said it's worth noting that
| Microsoft's Bing search engine experienced
| a decrease in market share in the U.S. for
| the first time in four months in March,
| according to new data from Experian
| Hitwise.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/04/data_is_bing_losing_steam.html

Social Media The Right Way

,----[ Quote ]
| I can understand the excitement when you
| look at how major retailers and brands are
| collectively spending billions on their
| Facebook and Twitter sites. Recently the
| granddaddy of them all, Microsoft, created
| 425,000 fans to its Bing page â wait for it
| â in one day. How did they do it? Easy,
| they paid for it.
|
| They offered âvirtualâ currency for the
| wildly popular FarmVille website. I know,
| Farmville? Turns out there are 82 million
| (really) players to tend crops and raise
| livestock on a virtual farm.
`----

http://www.todaysgardencenter.com/viewpoints/kurtfromherz/?storyid=3166

Recent:

Is Microsoft Bing Trying To Kill Open Office?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Bing has many flaws, but this one
| seems to be the most outrageous one. If you
| try to search for OpenOffice on Bing, it will
| not show you the actual OpenOffice.org website
| but will show pages from random websites like
| OpenOffice.com or other non-OpenOffice.org
| websites.
|
| On the other hand Google search shows
| OpenOffice.org as the first search result.
| Bing has gone to an extent that in fact you
| will not find the OpenOffice website even in
| the 5th page.  So, a Bing surfer will never
| land on OpenOffice.org website.
`----

http://www.katonda.com/blog/922/microsoft-bing-trying-kill-open-office

Why I'll Be Blocking Bing Just Like I Did MS Live.com

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=why_i_ll_be_blocking_bing_just_like_i_di&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1