[News] KDE 4.5 Release Schedule is Published

KDE 4.5 Release Schedule Ready

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week we finished the KDE 4.5 release
| schedule. The good news is that you can
| start organising your release party now,
| the expected date for KDE 4.5.0 is August
| 4th 2010.
`----

http://www.omat.nl/2010/04/12/kde-4-5-release-schedule-ready/

3 KDE Add-ons Worth Trying

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the remarkable features of KDE 4 is
| the extensibility. Developers or even
| regular users can contribute to the rich
| collection of artwork, software, widgets,
| and visual improvements. Ever so often, I
| look around for rather random add-ons that
| make my desktop experience more pleasant or
| occasionally even serve a meaningful
| purpose. They range from full applications
| to very basic widgets.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/3-kde-add-ons-worth-trying/2010/04/12

solving a little problem with a slightly bigger solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Then I tore out the hard-coded default
| layout in plasma-desktop and re-wrote it
| using a Javascript run on first start due
| to being installed into share/apps/plasma-
| desktop/init/. This new script makes a
| loadLayout call to load the default panel
| template, and so I made such a template and
| set that to be installed as well. This
| dropped a few dozen lines of C++ and turned
| them into about half as many lines of
| Javascript.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/04/solving-little-problem-with-slightly.html

File Transfers in KDE 4

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4200

Recent:

Five Improvements for KDE 4.5 (Part 2)

,----[ Quote ]
| In my opinion, the KDE4 desktop is the most
| revolutionary piece of Linux software since
| the Linux kernel itself, and I appreciate how
| it strives to challenge old desktop paradigms
| and introduce new ones.
`----

http://www.itnewstoday.com/?p=1447

Five Improvements for KDE 4.5 (Part 1)