[News] Reviews/Survey of System-cleaning Applications for GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Reviews/Survey of System-cleaning Applications for GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:46:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What is the best Ubuntu system cleaner? You decide! [Poll]

,----[ Quote ]
| Now over to you: Whatâs your favourite system
| cleaning application? Poll closes in one
| weeks time.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/04/best-ubuntu-system-cleaner-you-decide.html

It's the 21st Century. Do you know where your files are?

,----[ Quote ]
| This does not mean that you can easily
| find everything that you might consider a
| "file" or similar entity in Linux. There
| is a good chance that your email software
| uses some bizarro file that you can't
| easily see inside of. (I use alpine which
| puts the emails inside a text file, but
| hardy anybody does that.) There are
| "hidden" files in Linux just like in
| Windows (in Linux, everything that starts
| with a "dot" (".") is automatically
| "hidden" .... meaning you can't see it
| unless you "unhide" that which is hidden).
| There are other strangeosities as well.
`----

http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2010/04/its_the_21st_century_do_you_kn.php

Containers vs. Hypervisors: Choosing the Best Virtualization Technology

http://www.linux.com/news/technology-feature/virtualization/300057:containers-vs-hypervisors-choosing-the-best-virtualization-technology-

Recent:

Open source privacy enhancer BleachBit 0.6.5 released

,----[ Quote ]
| BleachBit frees disk space, removes hidden junk, and guards your
| privacy. Erase cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history,
| remove unused localizations, shred logs, and delete temporary
| files.
`----

http://www.net-security.org/secworld.php?id=8248

BleachBit 0.6.3 Review