[News] Red Hat Upgraded, Fedora Looks Great in 13 (Beta)

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Upgraded, Fedora Looks Great in 13 (Beta)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 01:14:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Advantage: Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux software company Red Hat is in the enviable position
| of benefitting from several near-term trends in the information
| technology industry, according to an analyst who recently
| initiated coverage of the Raleigh-based business.
|
| UBS analyst Brent Thill rates Red Hat shares a "buy" and
| has a 12-month price target of $35. Red Hat shares were
| trading at $30.94, up 13 cents, at mid-day today.
| The company's shares were hovering around $17 last May.
`----

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04/13/435493/advantage-red-hat.html

Fedora 13: Beta and graphics driver test week

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora project has released the beta
| of the Fedora 13 Linux distribution, named
| after rocket scientist Robert H. Goddard,
| and it is now available to download. Like
| the alpha version released five weeks ago,
| the first and only beta has been released
| a week later than originally planned. This
| has prompted the project administrators to
| postpone the final release date of Fedora
| 13 by a week and it is now rescheduled for
| the 18th of May.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fedora-13-Beta-and-graphics-driver-test-week-976371.html

Announcing the release of Fedora 13 Beta

http://lwn.net/Articles/383249/

Fedora tempts fate with Apollo 13 beta

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/fedora_13_beta/

Fedora 13 Beta Released

http://techie-buzz.com/linux-distros/fedora-13-beta-released.html

Fedora 13 beta released with many goodies for the enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
| The popular Linux distribution, Fedora 13,
| has been released to its final beta and is
| chock full of features for enterprise use.
| Code-named Goddard, the beta version was
| released on Tuesday with the final version
| slated for May 18.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/60057

The Joy of Betas: Fedora 13 Beta Released Today

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 13, also known as "Goddard," comes
| packed with a bunch of new features that
| are going to benefit not only Fedora
| users, but most Linux users no matter what
| distribution they're using. For example,
| F13 offers Zarafa -- a groupware offering
| that's meant to be a drop-in replacement
| for Microsoft Exchange. Testing in Fedora
| will help everybody using Zarafa, not just
| the Fedora community.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/the-joy-of-betas-fedora-13-beta-released-today

Fedora 13 Beta â First installation

,----[ Quote ]
| That was my first installation of Fedora
| 13 Beta. I also updated 136 programs. I
| will test Fedora 13 Beta more the next
| days and sum it up in another post. If you
| have any good tips or ideas about Fedora
| 13 Beta, please let me know.
`----

http://www.henriksen-rom.com/william/2010/04/fedora-13-beta-first-installation/

Fedora 13 - Ubuntu's smart but less attractive cousin

,----[ Quote ]
| Other features in Fedora 13 include
| automatic printer driver installation -
| which means if you plug-in a supported
| printer the driver is downloaded and
| installed automatically. It's not the most
| exciting feature we've seen, but it does
| add another, "it-just-works" element to
| the already very user-friendly distro.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/fedora_13_beta_review/

Fedora presents...Graphics Test Week this week

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora project announces that this
| week is Graphics Test Week. This is the
| highlight of the Fedora 13 Test Day cycle,
| with Test Days for NVIDIA, ATI/AMD and
| Intel graphics all falling this week.
| Tuesday April 13th is NVIDIA Test Day,
| Wednesday April 14th is ATI/AMD Test Day,
| and Thursday April 15th is Intel graphics
| Test Day.
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2010-04-12-027-35-NW-DT-RH

It's Time To Test The Graphics In Fedora 13

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 13 will be officially released next
| month and while we have already used it in
| testing out the Nouveau Gallium3D drivers
| and trying out the new Intel graphics,
| this week Red Hat is hosting community
| test days for the graphics stack in Fedora
| 13.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODE0NQ

Never a dull moment, no. 98.

,----[ Quote ]
| At 10:00 am US Eastern time (1400 UTC),
| Fedora 13 Beta is released. The Beta is
| our last milestone before the final
| release of Fedora 13. Weâd like to have as
| many people test it as possible. Itâs
| available in a âLive ISOâ format you can
| write not only to CD DVD, but also to a
| USB key, and boot off the USB key. I
| really prefer the USB key, because you can
| update the key with fixes as you use it
| using the âpersistenceâ feature. It also
| gives you nifty options we created along
| the way, like an encrypted user data area,
| very fast booting, and very fast
| installation to hard disk as well. Who
| loves ya, baby?
`----

http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=3133

Recent:

Above Resistance - Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| Shares of Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT) closed
| the trading session at $30.81 just above
| calculated resistance at $30.72 effectively
| breaking out, grabbing the attention of
| momentum traders, which could eventually
| push the stock to different trading range
`----

http://www.tradershuddle.com/Trading-Ideas/663204122010-above-resistance-redhat.html

Fedora 13 Beta Release tomorrow

,----[ Quote ]