[News] Free ERP Software and Video Conferencing Advanced Through Education

  • Subject: [News] Free ERP Software and Video Conferencing Advanced Through Education
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:16:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SunGard Higher Education Launches Industry's First ERP Community Source Initiative

,----[ Quote ]
| SunGard Higher Education and its customers
| have launched a Community Source Initiative --
| the first and only vendor-supported community
| source forum dedicated to higher education
| Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
| The initiative is designed to bring together
| the insights and experience of SunGard Higher
| Education's extensive user community for the
| benefit of all institutions; make
| functionality available faster; and help
| ensure product quality through functional and
| technical review.
`----

http://www.zawya.com/mobile/default.cfm/sidZAWYA20100414080034/SunGard%20Higher%20Education%20Launches%20Industry%27s%20First%20ERP%20Community%20Source%20Initiative/actstory

BigBlueButton Brings Video Conferencing to Classrooms

,----[ Quote ]
| BigBlueButton is a free, open source, server-
| run project designed to run on Linux, Mac OS X
| and Windows. It's built on more than 14 open
| source components like Asterisk, MySQL,
| ActiveMQ, and more. BigBlueButton integrates
| with open source content management system
| Moodle and a handful of other popular open
| source projects.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/bigbluebutton-brings-video-conferencing-to-classrooms

Recent:

Educating on open source: Not as easy as it seems

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/59995