[News] Google Could Make VP8 the Next Ogg and Put it on TV

  • Subject: [News] Google Could Make VP8 the Next Ogg and Put it on TV
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:40:10 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google TV: Another Reason Open Sourcing VP8 Matters

,----[ Quote ]
| Googleâs decision to open source On2
| Technologyâs VP8 video codec at its Google I/O
| developer conference next month is not only a
| huge boon for HTML5 web video and a blow
| against Adobeâs Flash. Itâs also clearly aimed
| at optimizing video playback on a number of
| devices, like the much-rumored Google TV
| platform as well as upcoming Android tablet
| PCs.
`----

http://newteevee.com/2010/04/12/google-tv-another-reason-open-sourcing-vp8-matters/

Another browser based on Google code:

Comodo Dragon: A Chromium Browser With Extra Armor

http://www.pcworld.com/article/194167/comodo_dragon_a_chromium_browser_with_extra_armor.html

Recent:

Google to Open Source VP8?

,----[ Quote ]