[News] Programming on SourceForge Promotes; PHP 6 Plans Debated

  • Subject: [News] Programming on SourceForge Promotes; PHP 6 Plans Debated
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:59:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

SourceForge Now Offers Free, Global Distribution Service to Every Open Source Project

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to providing projects with
| increased external visibility, SourceForge
| Downloads also includes a new series of
| robust reporting tools and controls. Project
| administrators and developers can receive
| key statistics on a project's performance,
| all free of charge.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sourceforge-now-offers-free-global-distribution-service-to-every-open-source-project-2010-04-13?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Resetting PHP 6

,----[ Quote ]
| Rightly or wrongly, many in our community see
| Perl 6 as the definitive example of vaporware.
| But what about PHP 6? This release was first
| discussed by the PHP core developers back in
| 2005. There have been books on the shelves
| purporting to cover PHP 6 since at least 2008.
| But, in March 2010, the PHP 6 release is not
| out - in fact, it is not even close to out.
| Recent events suggest that PHP 6 will not be
| released before 2011 - if, indeed, it is
| released at all.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/379909/

Recent: