[News] Clonezilla Praised, Alphabet of GNU/Linux Distributions

  • Subject: [News] Clonezilla Praised, Alphabet of GNU/Linux Distributions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:16:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Confessions of a Clonezilla addict

,----[ Quote ]
| I think I may be addicted to Clonezilla. I
| donât know what the symptoms are, but if
| they include bouncing between operating
| systems more than twice a day, scrounging a
| 256Mb USB drive off your friends just to
| have one that exactly fits the Clonezilla
| boot image, or dedicating one whole external
| drive to an array of system backups
| spreading out over the last two or three
| months â then Iâm in the club.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/04/15/confessions-of-a-clonezilla-addict/

The Linux Alphabet

,----[ Quote ]
| We've already been talking about the number of
| Linux distributions, and the cost, in terms of
| confusion that so much freedom can bring.
| Today I'd like to see the distributions number
| with a little of humor: I often wondered if
| the Linux distributions names could cover the
| whole alphabet and be used as sort of â
| spelling alphabetâ. The answer is ... âYes we
| can!â here is my personal list compiled after
| a little research on DistroWatch.com site.
|
| A - Arch Linux
|
| B - BackTrack
|
| C - CentOs
|
| D = Debian
`----

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/04/linux-alphabet.html

Recent:

Clonezilla (Live & Server Edition) review

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/reviews/clonezilla/

,----[ Quote ]
| Although free disk imaging sounds enticing, Clonezilla Live
| is only for more advanced users. The program runs off of a
| Linux Live CD (or USB flash drive), and it worked perfectly
| for me. But to be blunt: The Linux command line and
| character-based dialog UI makes R-Drive Image's character-
| based GUI, which most people find intimidating, look like
| Mac OS X.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/15/AR2009091503186.html

Review: CloneZilla 1.2

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm really impressed with CloneZilla. While it's not
| graphically driven like Parted Magic is, it's still very
| easy and intuitive to use and one I would recommend for
| newer users (but not complete newbies) to use when copying
| or cloning their hard drives.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=508

Related:

Manage partitions and disks with GParted-Clonezilla live CD

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/115208