[News] Analysis of Cray's New GNU/Linux Distribution; rPath Founder Advocates GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Analysis of Cray's New GNU/Linux Distribution; rPath Founder Advocates GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 22:21:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New Cray OS Brings ISVs in for a Soft Landing

,----[ Quote ]
| Cray has never made a big deal about the
| custom Linux operating system it packages with
| its XT supercomputing line. In general,
| companies don't like to tout proprietary OS
| environments since they tend to lock custom
| codes in and third-party ISV applications out.
| But the third generation Cray Linux
| Environment (CLE3) that the company announced
| on Wednesday is designed to make elite
| supercomputing an ISV-friendly experience.
`----

http://www.hpcwire.com/features/New-Cray-OS-Brings-ISVs-in-for-a-Soft-Landing-90889819.html

CRAY releases latest version of its linux OS equipped with new cluster compatibility mode

http://frontierindia.net/it/cray-releases-latest-version-of-its-linux-os-equipped-with-new-cluster-compatibility-mode/1609/

QA with rPath Founder & CTO: "Just Use Linux"

,----[ Quote ]
| Troan: Linux has always been an integral part
| of rPathâs focus as a company. We provide
| automation solutions to help deploy and manage
| large numbers of Linux systems, and we're
| being used on deployments in the range of 15
| or 20,000 Linux servers. The success Linux has
| had in scale-out infrastructures has created
| new management costs that we work to reduce.
`----

http://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/185-jennifer-cloer/300412-qa-with-rpath-founder-a-cto-qjust-use-linuxq

Recent:

Cray Releases Latest Version of Its Linux Operating System Equipped With New Cluster Compatibility Mode

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cray-releases-latest-version-of-its-linux-operating-system-equipped-with-new-cluster-compatibility-mode-2010-04-14?reflink=MW_news_stmp