[News] Games Not a Problem to GNU/Linux, Out of the Park Baseball Comes to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Games Not a Problem to GNU/Linux, Out of the Park Baseball Comes to GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 23:06:38 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Donât let gaming be an excuse to not use Linux.

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok back to my point. The point is, if you
| really want to learn or use Linux as your
| main OS, but donât feel you can because of
| gaming, give up the kiddie PC games and get
| a console and use a computer for what it
| was meant for. Stop hunting down gnomes and
| trolls and hop on the Linux train!
| Personally, I canât believe I let a game of
| gnomes and elves keep me from switching to
| Linux.
`----

http://www.jimmyburnett.com/2010/04/dont-let-gaming-be-an-excuse-to-not-use-linux.html

A new game is available for Linux [Out of the Park Baseball]

,----[ Quote ]
| Out of the Park Baseball has recently been
| developed with support for Linux in mind.
| This program is not available free of
| charge and is sold for 39.00 per download.
`----

http://linusearch.com/wordpress/?p=788

DSI: Space Invaders lives again!

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâre old enough to fondly remember
| playing Space Invaders on a giant arcade
| kiosk or tabletop console, youâll probably
| want to check out DSI, a classic Space
| Invaders clone. The game play is like that
| of the Carter-era video game, but with
| smooth scrolling and faster modern aliens
| and graphics, and a traditional high score
| sheet.
|
| [...]
|
| He recently registered the project on
| SourceForge.net in order, among other
| things, to take advantage of version
| control software. âIt generated immediate
| interest,â Brasher says. âA really skilled
| retired coder from the USA has worked with
| me to clean up and debug the code and bring
| it to v1.0.1 beta2 at a rate of knots! SF
| is the natural place to house, disseminate,
| and locate open source software. The
| facilities are great.â
`----

http://sourceforge.net/blog/dsi-space-invaders-lives-again/