[News] GNU/Linux Support Improved by Port of TeamViewer (Proprietary), New Wine

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Support Improved by Port of TeamViewer (Proprietary), New Wine
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:20:05 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Use TeamViewer for remote Linux support

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you ever been asked to do any Linux
| desktop remote support only to find out the
| client didnât have secure shell (so no
| tunneling of X) nor did they have a vnc
| server setup? In these cases, what would you
| do? You still need to be able to support that
| client. Or what if you had a Windows client
| that needed support and the only operating
| system you had available was a Linux box? In
| that case, you need TeamViewer. TeamViewer is
| an incredibly easy to use remote support tool
| that allows you to do more than many similar
| tools.
`----

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/04/17/use-teamviewer-for-remote-linux-support/

Wine 1.1.43 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wine development release 1.1.43 is now
| available.
|
| What's new in this release:
|
|     * A number of new icons.
|     * Improved support for alpha channel in
|     bitmaps.
|     * Many Direct3D fixes and optimizations.
|     * More complete msvcr80/90
|     implementations.
|     * A wide range of 64-bit fixes.
|     * Various bug fixes.
`----

http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/wine-release/wine-1143-released.html

Recent:

TeamViewer goes cross-platform, now available for download on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/04/14/teamviewer-goes-cross-platform-now-available-for-download-on-linux/