[News] New Review of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04, Comparison to Linux Mint

  • Subject: [News] New Review of Ubuntu GNU/Linux 10.04, Comparison to Linux Mint
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 14:42:38 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Ubuntu 10.04: review

,----[ Quote ]
| There are more things to this version of
| Ubuntu, each time cleaner and smoother (I
| didn't have any problems in spite I'm using
| the Beta version). Probably a 6 months
| schedule for a new version is too tight for
| fixing all the bugs. In the other hand the
| One Hundred Paper Cuts is obviously having
| good results and the system looks clean and
| professional.
`----

http://cafe.softcity.com/article/view/4kDNxEzN/ubuntu-10-04-review

Ubuntu vs. Linux Mint

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently heard the comparison that Mint
| today is a lot like Simply Mepis was years
| ago, and I feel its accurate. Barring my
| personal lack of hardware support (this
| included fan control which is vital on a
| metal Macbook), Iâve heard great things
| including more extensive printer support, and
| after using it for a little bit I felt that
| aside from the menu, that I think might in
| fact be harder for a new user, Mint is a good
| distribution.
`----

http://www.australianguy.com/2010/04/ubuntu-vs-linux-mint/

Recent:

Ubuntu 10.04 Beta One Released â My First Impressions

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techcores.com/2010/03/30/ubuntu-10-04-beta-one-released-my-first-impressions/