[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest Zunephone Attempt Sucks Badly

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Latest Zunephone Attempt Sucks Badly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:56:02 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft booster says:

Why You Don't Want a Microsoft Kin Phone

http://www.pcworld.com/article/194107/microsoft_kin_phones.html?tk=rss_news

Microsoft's Next of Kin: No Cure for Smartphone Fatigue

,----[ Quote ]
| As I type this, Microsoft is announcing two
| new slider cell phones, the Kin One and Kin
| Two -- successors to the beloved but aging-
| faster-than-Mickey-Rourke T-Mobile Sidekick.
|
| These are apparently the culmination of the
| long-rumored, until-now-entirely-vaporous,
| Project Pink, code-named Turtle and Pure,
| sometimes also known as the Zune Phone. When
| your phones have more aliases than a CIA
| operative, that's probably not a good sign.
| But I digress.
|
| [...]
|
| The intro text on the Kin Website: "The
| impulsive. The spontaneous. The wonderful."
|
| My translation: "The annoying. The self-
| absorbed. The unemployed."
|
| The bad news? No app store. No Flash support.
| The good: No sign of Windows whatsoever --
| these phones are based on the Zune browser
| interface, so they have that going for them.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/194103/microsoft_kin.html?tk=rss_news

The Curious Thing About Microsoft Kin

,----[ Quote ]