[News] PCLinuxOS 2010 is Released, Wolvix 2.0.0 beta Build 56 Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] PCLinuxOS 2010 is Released, Wolvix 2.0.0 beta Build 56 Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:46:39 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Welcome PCLinuxOS 2010

,----[ Quote ]
| Good news for all who are looking for a
| Mature "Just-Works" Desktop. PCLinuxOS 2010
| bandwagon is released. This time Tex and
| the Gang has offered 6 releases:   Main KDE
| Desktop, KDE MiniMe Desktop, Gnome Desktop,
| Gnome ZenMini Desktop, LXDE Desktop, XFCE
| Desktop and Openbox Desktop.
`----

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2010/04/welcome-pclinuxos-2010.html

Wolvix 2.0.0 beta Build 56

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest build comes in at 665.39mb which is
| small when you consider the wealth of
| functionality it provides.
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/wolvix-2-0-0-beta-build-56/

Recent:

PCLinuxOS 2010 KDE 4.4.1 Beta 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Saw a notice that the subject's beta 2 for
| their first KDE 4.4.x release was
| available. Downloaded, burned and booted
| it.
|
| First impression:  I saw HAL leave a note
| on the screen about detecting my Intel GM45
| chip, setting up its parameters, and
| configuring the AGP aperture.   The result
| was that when KDE 4.4.1 came it it was
| lightening fast.  Installed Stellarium and
| got 50-60 fps, which is unprecedented for
| this GM45 chip in any version of Kubuntu,
| Mandriva, or several other LiveCDs I've
| tried in the last year and a half.  The
| best Lucid gives me in Stellarium is about
| half, 25-40 fps.   Turning on Desktop
| effects had NO noticeable slowdown in
| PCLOS.  In Kubuntu it drops my fps to 10-15
| fps.   Kubuntu's 3D gives me an occasional
| tearing over the bottom panel.   PCLOS's 3D
| is rock solid stable.
`----

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3110647

Planning a move to PCLinuxOS 2010