[News] A Look at Debian's Installer (Very Intuitive), Debian Democracy

  • Subject: [News] A Look at Debian's Installer (Very Intuitive), Debian Democracy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:16:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

A Slimline Debian Install: It's Easier Than You Might Think

,----[ Quote ]
| There are some superb desktop Linux
| distributions that are designed to work with
| very old hardware. For example, Puppy Linux is
| a great choice to quickly turn an old PC into
| a secure, easy to use word processing, email
| and light web browsing workstation. Puppy can
| work minor miracles on very old hardware, and
| I carry a Puppy boot CD-ROM around with me as
| my emergency recovery system.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/slimline-debian-install-its-easier-you-might-think

The Debian Democracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Do you consider yourself to be fairly familiar
| with the Debian Linux distribution? I thought
| I was familiar with it enough to know its
| origin and history, how its name was derived
| and that Richard Stallman, the Father of the
| Free Software movement, uses a Debian
| derivative (gNewSense) for his own personal
| computer. There's one significant piece of the
| Debian puzzle that I didn't know about: Its
| Constitution.
`----

http://www.daniweb.com/news/story276992.html

Recent:

Stefano Zacchiroli is new Debian leader

,----[ Quote ]
| Senior developer Stefano Zacchiroli has been
| elected the leader of the Debian GNU/Linux
| project for 2010-11, having defeated the other
| three candidates in the race.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/38367-stefano-zacchiroli-is-new-debian-leader

Debian Project Leader Elections 2010

http://www.debian.org/vote/2010/vote_001

[Results]

http://master.debian.org/~secretary/leader2010/results.txt

A Debian first: female candidate in running for leader

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itwire.com/opinion-and-analysis/open-sauce/37652-a-debian-first-female-candidate-in-running-for-leader