[News] Android (Linux) Takes Over Apple hypePhones

  • Subject: [News] Android (Linux) Takes Over Apple hypePhones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:20:35 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Video shows Android OS running on an iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| The hack utilizes OpeniBoot, a Linux 2.6
| bootloader that works with first- and
| second-generation iPhones. The system
| provides dual-boot functionality, allowing
| users to run either the iPhone OS or
| Android.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/04/21/flash.support.said.to.be.in.the.works/

Hacker runs Google's Android on Apple's iPhone

,----[ Quote ]
| There are matches made in heaven, and on
| the other side of the spectrum, there is
| David Wang's accomplishment: booting
| Google's Android operating system on
| Apple's iPhone
|
| Wang, the "planetbeing" member of the a
| group called the iPhone Dev Team devoted to
| hacking iPhones, on Wednesday posted a
| video demonstrating Android on an iPhone.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20003134-264.html

Android OS gets loaded onto the Iphone

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1602307/android-os-loaded-iphone

Rumor: Sony Ericsson Set To Launch X10 With AT&T [Source From AT&T Says Android Smartphone From SE Coming In July]

,----[ Quote ]
| Our fearless leader Andrew really liked the
| Sony Ericsson Experia X10 when he got his
| hands on it at a SE press event a few
| months ago. Rumors have persisted for a
| while that the device was coming to the
| âStates with AT&T for a few months, but
| now, a source within AT&T is saying that
| the phone is definitely coming.
`----

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/04/20/rumor-sony-ericsson-set-to-launch-x10-with-att-source-from-att-says-android-smartphone-from-se-coming-in-july/

Recent: