[News] White House Becomes a PHP Hacker, Gives Code to Drupal

  • Subject: [News] White House Becomes a PHP Hacker, Gives Code to Drupal
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:48:58 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

White House delivers Drupal a stimulus

,----[ Quote ]
| Drupal and its commercial arm, Acquia, got
| a big boost last year when it was announced
| the White House would be using the
| software.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=6333

The White House: open-source Drupal developer?

,----[ Quote ]
| Call it a sign of the times: not only is
| the Obama White House using plenty of open-
| source software, its technology team is
| contributing back to the community.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/04/the-white-houseopen-source-drupal-developer.ars

Acquia and Rackspace Join Forces for Enterprise Drupal Hosting

,----[ Quote ]
| With enterprises utilizing more cloud-based
| web services, including social and digital
| media applications, Rackspace has seen a
| significant uptick in Drupal installations
| across its customer base.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/acquia-and-rackspace-join-forces-for-enterprise-drupal-hosting-2010-04-19?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Acquia and Phase2 Technology Announce Powerful Pairing for Online Publishers

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/acquia-and-phase2-technology-announce-powerful-pairing-for-online-publishers-2010-04-20?reflink=MW_news_stmp

Acquia's Drupal Commons, Social Software to Take on Jive Software

http://www.cmswire.com/cms/enterprise-20/acquias-drupal-commons-social-software-to-take-on-jive-software-007263.php

Jive and Drupal: Don't take their word for it

http://www.cmswatch.com/Blog/1873-Jive-and-Drupal:-Dont-take-their-word-for-it

Drupal Founder Takes on Jive Software

http://www.readwriteweb.com/cloud/2010/04/drupal-founder-takes-on-jive-s.php

Obama open sources custom White House code

,----[ Quote ]
| The Obama White House has contributed code
| back to the Drupal community, six months
| after it made headlines by adopting the
| open source CMS.
|
| Dave Cole, a senior advisor to the CIO of
| the Executive Office of the President,
| announced the code release this afternoon
| during a keynote at the DrupalCon trade
| show in downtown San Francisco. The
| administration is contributing a quartet of
| Drupal modules it built for the new-look
| WhiteHouse.gov, a site meant to provide
| improved communication between the
| President and his people.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/21/white_house_open_sources_code/

Recent:

Obama Team Challenges Web Developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Having rebuilt Whitehouse.gov on the open
| source Drupal platform, President Obama's
| new media team is calling on the open
| source community for new ideas and
| technology.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/government/info-management/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=221900361

Should the White House Contribute to the Open Source Community?

,----[ Quote ]
| While this measure may not be an immediate
| cost-saver (5 different companies are
| involved in re-building and maintaining the
| White House web site), long-term costs
| should fall as government agencies are able
| to borrow from the greater Drupal community
| while incrementally improving on the
| websites code. But the question remains,
| will the Obama White House share some of the
| contributions itâs making to open source?
`----

http://appfrica.net/blog/2009/10/28/should-the-white-house-contribute-to-the-open-source-community/

Whitehouse.gov could be a springboard for Open Source for America

,----[ Quote ]
| Like many of you, I awoke Monday to read
| that whitehouse.gov was now running on open
| source products, including Drupal, Red Hat
| Linux, Apache web server, MySQL, and Apache
| Solr.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/whitehousegov-could-be-springboard-open-source-america-726

White House web site goes open source